Essential Oil Recipes 1
Spirit of the Forest Roll-On Perfume
- 10 ml jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis)
- 4 drops Siberian Fir (Abies sibirica)
- 2 drops Yuzu (Citrus junos)
- 1 drop Vetiver (Vetiveria zizanoides)
You’ll need a 10 ml roll-on bottle for this blend. Simply combine the jojoba and essential oil drops in the bottle, snap on the roller ball top, and roll your perfume onto your wrists, neck, and wherever you like.
This blend has a piney, foresty, aroma, with a hint of citrus and a deep, earthy note contributed by the Vetiver.
A stock blend of essential oil you can use for your laundry with cold water. A stock blend is a small bottle of blended essential oils. Instead of reaching for several oils every time you want to use this laundry boost, you can keep your stock blend right in the laundry room and use that instead.
Lemon Lavender Laundry Boost
- 2 ml Lemon essential oil (Citrus limon)
- 2 ml Lavender essential oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
I usually make my stock blends in a 5 ml glass bottle with an orifice reducer. 1 ml is approximately 25 drops of essential oil, so you can either measure your oils by the ml (using a graduated cylinder), or just count 50 drops each of Lemon and Lavender.
Once you’ve made your stock blend, pop the orifice reducer into the top of the bottle. Now you can get a blend of Lemon and Lavender in a single drop of essential oil!
When it’s time to do laundry, put just 2 drops of your Lemon Lavender Laundry Boost on a washcloth and run it through a cool water wash cycle with your clothes.
Jasmin aloe body mist
A light, moisturizing body mist with an intoxicating scent.
- Fill 4 oz spray bottle with dried flowers and mica, if using.
- Add witch hazel and glycerin.
- Top with 25 drops of jasmine essential - adjust if you'd like it stronger.
Lemonade Body Spray
Lemon is uplifting, and lavender and sandalwood are soothing. The perfect pick-me-up on a hot day.
- Blend all the ingredients together in the glass spray bottle. (Use one that's new or that has been sterilized.)
- Label the bottle.
- Shake well before use.
- Spray all over the body, avoiding the face (and any areas likely to be exposed to the sun) and enjoy!
Recipe by Hello Glow at http://helloglow.co/diy-body-spray/